Bellboating is a fun activity for all ages. The boats can fit between 8-12 people in this stable craft. The boat is constructed of two hulls where the paddlers sit connected with a platform in the middle. The boats are steered by a helm positioned at the back.
None or little knowledge / experience
Up to 3 Bell Boats seating 36 persons (maximum) with paddles and buoyancy aids.
BCU Coach, First Aid, DBS Checked, Fully insured.
1 hour taster lesson up to 1 day course (10am – 4pm lunch 1 hour)
8-16 Youth, 16+ Adult
Learn to paddle the bell boat with different paddle techniques and racing
Ability After Course:
You will have a brief Bell Boat theory, safety issues of Bell Boats, Bell Boat equipment knowledge, Paddle and boat stability understanding, trim knowledge, Paddling strokes & techniques development, Bell boat steering & manoeuvres, environmental awareness with Bell boats.
This is designed for everyone to have a go.
Dragon Boating Activity Badge
How to earn your badge
- Learn the safety rules, capsize drill and the water buddy system.
- Learn the procedures for loading, numbering off, stopping, bracing the boat, forward and backward paddling.
- Learn the instructions and commands issued by The Dragon Boat Racing Association.
- Carry out practice training sessions for a minimum of two hours. Practice a race over a distance of at least 250 metres.
- Take part in a competitive or timed dragon boat event over a course of at least 250 metres.
Top tips: You can use a bell boat.
Bookable on demand.
Groups please see our chart in schools and youth groups.
Scouting groups/ units Please call for prices.